What is Covid-19?
Covid-19 also known as the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) causes mild to severe respiratory illness. The virus has been declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). The virus can be spread by symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals.
Which Covid-19 test should I take?
- PCR TEST (nasal swab): SARS COV-2 (COVID-19) by RT-PCR, HIGH RISK – Gold standard test for current infection. Results in 2-3 days. May be required for international travel. Cost $130 prepaid.
- RAPID TEST (nasal swab): Sofia 2 SARS Antigen FIA by Quidel – Rapid test for current infection. Same day results. Most reliable if performed 4-5 days after known exposure. . May not be sufficient for travel requirements. Cost: $130 prepaid.
- ANTIBODY TEST (blood draw): Roche Elecsys Anti-SARS-CoV-2 – Gold standard test to confirm past infection. Results in 48 hours. Most reliable if performed 2–4 weeks after infection. Cost: $130.
IMPORTANT! BEFORE YOUR VISIT:
- Complete and print the Covid-consent form.
- Bring consent form and Photo ID to your appointment.
- For PCR tests: Photograph the front and back sides of your Photo ID and health insurance card (if insured) and email to: Covid@ctmedicine.com.
Where can you go for the latest updates on Covid-19?
Visit the Centers for Disease Control webpage about Covid-19 and see information about how to protect yourself, prevent the spread of the virus, and see the latest infection statistics.