How do I create a slideshow on my homepage?
- Click SLIDER > ADD NEW in the side bar of the dashboard
- Click FEATURED IMAGE in the lower right hand corner to enter your Media Library
- Hover over the image you wish to use and click to select it (or browse to find an image on your computer)
- Select the blue SELECT FEATURED IMAGE text link in the lower right
- Enter text and adjust styles just as you would for a post
- Click blue button in the upper right corner
Important tip: The standard slide side is 560 wide x 340 high pixels at 72 pixels/inch. If images you enter are too small, they will not fit into your slider and a darker gray color will appear on the right side underneath the photo. If the photo is unnecessarily high in resolution, it will be automatically resized, but may crop differently than you would have expected. Programs like Photoshop and Fireworks can be used to size, crop and resample photos. For a free alternative, try PicMonkey.